Wednesday 23 March 2011

23 March 2011

22:36

It's been a quiet day with not much happening upstairs or on the stairs, for that matter. I'm going to take the bin out and surreptitiously open the back door to the garden. Let's see what's going on at that patch of ground near the trees.

23:00

Fuck. I was down in the back-green, you know, over at that patch that has been dug up a few times and I kicked some of the dirt away. Don't worry, I wasn't being watched or anything. At least, I don't think I was because I had a good look around, pretending I was looking for stars or whatever in the sky. That way I could look up and make sure no-one was looking out their window. The only light shining out was one from the next close. Someone in their kitchen, probably a late snack.

There was a small ball, belonging to that mutt upstairs, left out so I kicked it about purposefully, and with the sole intent of getting closer to, and giving me an excuse to stand near, the “flower bed.”

I bent over to pick up the ball and noticed a bit of material on the dirt. When I pinched and grabbed it, dirt came up with it. I think the fucker was buried. Now, I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but no-one buries their old cardigan in the garden. I don't know what to do. You see these soaps on tv where a character has been murdered and buried in the garden, but....well, I don't believe for a minute that that's what's happened here. This isn't Brookside Close or Shallow Grave. This is just normal, everyday life. I am intrigued, though. Shit! What do I do. I want to dig that bloody place up now. But what if it is a body under there, which it isn't! But what if.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment