Tuesday 8 March 2011

08 March 2011

22:32

A helicopter hovered above the college then over the cemetery last night. I wonder what they were looking for? They better have good vision because that cemetery is rumoured to be one of the largest in Europe. I've passed through it a couple of times in the past, but never at night. It's not the sort of place you'd want to be after dark. To many bad elements up there: drunks, neds and God know what else, plus I don't think there's any lighting on the paths.

I walked to work this morning, as I'm trying to prevent the pounds from piling on and settling nicely on my waist. The old stomach is giving me jip and has already forced me to visit the doctor with acute backache.

It was just another boring, run of the mill, day at work. Nothing special ever happens, but I have noticed that my mind wonders a lot more than it used to. I suppose I'll have to concede to the ageing process. My head felt as though it was going to split wide open, such was the pain of the migraine I had at lunch time. I'm not partial to migraines, by any means, but this one was like someone dropping an axe down on my skull. I pushed it a bit with the paracetamol (2 and half tablets at a time). The ache seemed relentless, but then it totally disappeared around 3:15. I guess the tablets worked after all.

Got home about half six. When I neared the door to the close, I noticed a few drops of blood on the pavement. They weren't much to look at but I couldn't help but stare at them, maybe a little too much. Any amount can be mesmerising, there's something very interesting about drops, splashes, drips of blood, especially when they're someone else's. I hadn't heard any commotion outside last night. Maybe something had happened when I was sleeping.

Surely no-one was hurt Sunday night/ Monday morning when there was, shall we say, an altercation in the close. Why do people have to drink beyond their limits? Idiots. I hope they punched the hell out of each other.

22:59

Just had a quick look out the back-green. The dug-up area at the back still has no flowers on it. Is that the plan? Just dig up the garden piece by piece and leave it so it looks like a farm. Someone coming upstairs....


23:24

False alarm. It was just the owner/occupier of the flat upstairs. I refuse to call him by his real name as I think he is a twat. He stopped at my door, looked down at something, tutted, shook his head and then moved on up the stairs. I've not checked what it is yet. I'll have a look tomorrow, probably chewing gum again.

No comments:

Post a Comment