Friday 1 April 2011

01 April 2011

22:53

Day off work today. Connie was at work so I had the day to myself. I went down to ask Murdo (flat 2) if he knew anything about what happened upstairs. He said that a large box was carried out of the close yesterday when I was at work. I'm trying to remember everything he said because he speaks quite low and fast so you have to lean forward without looking as if you're going to kiss him. From what little I heard and understood it seems the old woman from flat 5 had made her way down to flat 4 (across the landing from me) and knocked on the door. Lucinda, was in with her two children and wasn't too keen on letting her in, but eventually the old lady persuaded her with all her coughing and wheezing. What threat could an old lady pose? Peter, the husband returned from work around 16.15. As soon as he entered the flat he heard one of the children (his 6 year old son, Sam) scream “daddy”. The boy ran from the kitchen into the hall and into his dad's arms. Peter went into the lounge, screamed and vomited. On the floor was the decimated body of his 5 year old daughter. The top of her head missing. Holding onto the girl's arm was Lucinda, or what used to be Lucinda, and squatting over the body was the old lady.

I don't know how Murdo knows all this but I have my doubts. He can be a bit Jackanory at times, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, apparently the old bag (don't know why I called her a lady) ran at Peter attacking him. She bit him in a few places.

Murdo got very quiet and I didn't hear much else of what he said but, apparently, Peter called the police and an ambulance after escaping the flat.

Once Murdo finished talking, I tried my best to hide the confused expression on my face. I simply squinted my face a bit, nodded, shook my head, said “I know. Terrible.” then left


23:51

I may brave it tomorrow or the day after and ask Murdo more questions. It shouldn't take him long to find out. It feels strangely secure/safe with the police guarding the close. It's eerie though. I don't like the circumstances surrounding their presence. What the hell is going on!?

Time for a sleep. I was thinking of ditching this journal, but things seem to be getting interesting. I'll try to maintain it as best and as regular as I can.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment