Friday 8 April 2011

08 April 2011

23:29

It was a good day at work today. No boss in so, we had a good laugh. It's always a good laugh on a Friday.

There was more in the newspapers about the virus at the hospital. Not a whole lot though. You don't really get the full picture of what's going on locally, not from the local papers anyway. That's the job of the nationals, the larger papers that really get in there and do their journalistic best, well, 97% of the time that's what happens. It's certainly what's happening in this instance. There have been, to date, ten viral related deaths at the hospital (that we've been told about). I don't like what's happening. I don't like it one bit. I'm already a paranoid freak as it is, the last thing I need is some sort of AIDS or smallpox or Ebola virus breaking out near me. If there's something going round, I usually get it- the cold, the flue, mumps, not AIDS though.

Ooops, how could I forget to say that it's been on the television too. Camera crews outside the I.R.H., the external shot of the dull brown building, looking up to the ward where the virus is contained. Did I say it was that old mental woman that ate the face off Lucinda next door that was in the hospital. No, probably not. Well, it was her and she's been moved up to Glasgow's Infectious Diseases Hospital. That's not it's real name, so remind me to Google it later.

There have been rumours that the people who have been bitten or attacked at the hospital, died and made a miraculous recovery only to attack the next person. Sounds like it affects the brain. Listen to me talking all doctor. My diagnosis is “It fucks up your brain. Next!”

As I said, if/when I find out more, I shall keep you informed. Whoever “you” are.

No comments:

Post a Comment