Monday 30 May 2011

Sunday 2 May 2011

14:45

The streets are very quiet, not even so much as a Sunday driver. I think I counted two cars go by on the main road. No children out playing, no-one in their Sunday best on their way to the hypocrite house/house of hypocrites. It won't be long now before the church is inundated with part-time worshipers, clasping their hands nice and tightly praying unfamiliar words to a God who has long since left society dangling like a used condom hanging from a hedge. Profound or cynical, either way there is an element of truth in it.

16:00

I haven't been out of the flat today and I don't think I'm about to rush out either.

Two white vans pulled up outside the flat across the road, number 28, four guys in overalls got out and boarded up the rest of the windows. One of the guy's, a tall bloke with greasy dark hair and ripped overalls said something to one of the younger guys. The younger guy turned and looked up at my window, furrowed his mono-brow and shook his head. What!? What did he say? What's so bad?

I think this street is quickly becoming ground zero.

18:30

I haven't heard anything from Murdo for a while. Maybe he's jumped ship. Don't blame him, really. Pensioners have a habit of catching everything don't they? Got to get their flu jabs and all that stuff. He'll have to get something a wee bit stronger than a flu jab, I'm suspecting.

22:00

I heard voices out at the front of the building. I kept the light off and watched as four neds, arseholes, call them what you will, threw stones at the window. Most of the shots hit upstairs' window, I'm hoping that's where they were aiming. They were only outside for five minutes or so then two police cars and a van came screeching round the corner and took them away. That's the fastest response I've ever seen and it wasn't even that serious. I wonder who called the boys in blue because I don't think there's anyone left on this street.

The tents and digging equipment is all but gone from the back-green. I think the police have gotten all the information that they can expect to get from out there. They've left the place in an awful mess. I would ask who's going to clean it up, but in true tradition of me...I can't be bothered. I mean, it's not that important is it. It's just me in this building, on my own.

I'm going to scream later to see if anyone notices.

No comments:

Post a Comment