Tuesday 24 May 2011

Friday 30 April 2011

10:00

I'm getting out of bed later and later as there's no work to go to. I checked my bank account online and my pay is at least still going in. How long will that last? Not that I'm complaining. As long as the money still goes in at the end of the month, I still have a roof over my head.

10:43

Had a look on the net for local traffic reports. It doesn't say anything about road blocks. I don't know if it would or not but I'll chance it anyway. God only knows what Connie would say if she thought just for one moment that I couldn't be bothered trying to get to her. I have to make an effort for the avoidance of retribution alone.

11:33

Car won't start. Engine is turning over but I can't get it to start. Luckily no-one in the neighbouring flats looked out their window to see me. That can be a little embarrassing.

Where is everybody anyway? The streets are quiet. I don't hear any cars, there's usually the odd car passing, a bus or something. No engines! It's unnerving.

No comments:

Post a Comment