Friday 3 June 2011

10:05

It's a strange feeling being the only tenant in the building. I think everyone else has either had the common sense to stay with a friend or relation or has fell victim to the virus. It feels like the whole building is mine, I'm really starting to feel that I can do whatever I like in this place, because there won't be any retribution. Who's going to find out if I shit in my own close, no-one ever comes here, and I can't blame people for being wrapped up in their own world. My friends, acquaintances have their own family that they must be equally concerned about, I can't expect them to phone or pop round and check to see if I'm still breathing. To fuck with this, I'm going to see what's upstairs, that's if I can get past that lock on the gate. Well, what would you do if you know there was no-one coming back to a flat that could get access to? Exactly.

10:15

Shite! No key. I know, what was I expecting, the damn key to be under a mat or handing on a little fancy key holder marked “Gate Key!”

I'm not giving up.

15:00

I've been a bad boy. I thought I heard someone upstairs, calling down to me saying they were stuck so I went to my tool cupboard and took out my hacksaw.

I got halfway through the arm of the lock when the blade snapped. I don't even have a spare blade.

17:44

Thank the Lord for the internet and Google. I'm going to attempt to “drill the lock”, I've got the extension all ready unwound and a bit that should do the job – I popped out earlier and sized it up against the lock. I am very nervous and have, I must add, never attempted anything like this before. I don't know if anyone will believe me about the voice if I get caught. I don't have any other story ready so that'll have to do.

Everyone, or anyone that's left around here, should be sitting down at their sausages and beans right now. I could be changing the locks on my door couldn't I? Shite! It's now or never.

18:10

Job done. I managed to drill the lock and it was easier than I thought. I drilled up through the bottom, and it popped open, well not exactly popped but will a bit of encouragement it did open. I've left it so it looks as though it's still locked, just in case. No-one will come back but my paranoia tells me different.

After all there's no rush, it's just my obstinate curiosity that pushes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment