Tuesday 7 June 2011

10:00

I'm sure I heard someone in the close last night around 11:40. I went to the spyhole, which took me absolute ages as the floorboards and the laminate flooring creak with the slightest pressure. I can't tip toe because if I'm right that would make it worse by centralizing and concentrating the weight on a smaller surface making each tippy toe step heavier and creakier that normal. I might just be talking shite.

I'm sure I saw a shadow at the top of the stairs, as if someone was about to come round the corner, then it went away again. I double checked the locks on the door, gave them a good old tug, and yes, a bit of a kick just to make sure they would stop...well, whoever or whatever they need to stop. I'm feeling less and less secure in this flat nevermind this street. I've been avoiding it, but I think it's time to start thinking about protecting myself, I can't remember the last time I saw an actual policeman pounding the beat. The laws of society are quickly changing and I need to be prepared for whatever shit comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment